Monday, November 19, 2012

CO-OP

CO-OP - Union Street, Glasgow

This is the review of the CO-OP festive sandwich.

Has CO-OP cancelled Christmas this year? The first thing I noticed is that the Sandwich was not part of the meal deal! I followed the instructions on the picture in store and bought the sandwich, brownie and This Water and was charged 4.95 rather than £3. The sandwich alone costs £2.50 (10p to charity and is a nice touch) not too expensive but I don't think you are getting value. I will explain.

1) the sandwich wrapper was so cheap horrible looking, very cheap and flimsy. Not Christmassy!
2) the pork stuffing was very greasy and overpowered the taste.
3) the turkey was full of gristle, chewy and lacking in flavour. I did come across some bones, but that could be from the stuffing.
4) I had more cranberry sauce on the crust of my sandwich than inside it
5) seemed thrown together without any care.

Good points?
No British turkeys were killed in the making of it, only Brazilian ones (already plucked - cost saving?).
The malted bread was of good quality.
In theory all the ingredients were there, turkey, stuffing, cranberry.

Score

Taste - 1
Contents - 3
Price - 2
Christmas Factor - 1

Overall - 7/20 Cheap, but not value for money. Could do much better!








No comments:

Post a Comment